Author: A Nutt
Weight loss surgery is a serious decision to make because it is also life altering. It involves you making lifestyle changes that you have to more or less stick to for the rest of your life. If you don't, then the entire procedure can reverse itself and the weight will come back. That is something you certainly want to avoid.
Because of the lifestyle changes that must be made, there are things that must be considered before having lap band surgery. Five of those considerations are:
- Anyone with alcohol or drug dependency will not be eligible for the procedure. The doctor may say that small amounts of red wine are okay, but anything other than that cannot be ingested after the lap band has been put in place. This is because individuals with addictions such as drugs and alcohol can cause severe harm to themselves and they can reverse the process.
- Thinking of lap band surgery can be quite exciting, but you have to make sure you take into consideration the fact that the lifestyle changes are major. Your eating is easier to control because the band is placed around part of the stomach through a minimally invasive surgery, creating a small pouch. This is why those with lap band cannot eat as much as they used to. You have to be willing to stick with your portions and change the food you eat. This means minimal junk food.
- Another important consideration is that you will have to exercise at some point. The weight loss surgery alone can do great things, but exercise can do even greater things. This is because the body needs toned up during and after the weight loss. The weight loss can be so incredible that the body needs to take on a shape. You will also feel more energetic and feel like you can do more things on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep in mind that there are complications that can occur with weight loss surgery. Those complications include large chunks of food becoming trapped in the passage between the smaller stomach section and the larger section, constipation, acid reflux, nausea, vomiting, abnormal stools, and there are also complications that can occur with the band.
- The band may have to be adjusted. Because there is a small port to the band that is right under the skin, port displacement can become an issue. The port is so the doctor can inject saline into the band and aspirate it if the band needs to be looser for comfort reasons. It may take a while to find the right comfort level.
Weight loss is exciting because you can watch yourself transform right before your own eyes. However, it has to be done right. When done right, the results are amazing. You will feel better, look better, you are adding years onto your life, you are doing your family an amazing favor, and life is going to be better in general.
When you stick with the plan that your doctor places you on after your weight loss surgery, you will see the best results. Any deviation from that plan can result in the small stomach pouch becoming larger. That is something to be careful of because the stomach is expandable. The stomach being expandable is one of the reasons why so many individuals can eat so much food. It takes so much to fill their stomach. With lap band surgery, that problem is eradicated. As a matter of fact, a lot of problems that exist before lap band surgery are eradicated.
Weight loss surgery clinic offers the safest sustainable results in weight loss by reducing the amount of food your stomach can hold. Lose weight without hunger and feel full longer with the Lap Band. http://www.ciboclinic.com