Author: Jeff Paterson
If you, like me, have been diagnosed with herpes, you know what an emotional roller-coaster it is. So many things flash through your mind, and so many different feelings. Everything from "Gross, I have an STD" to "My life will never be the same again."
While it's true you do now have an STD, your life is far from over. It is nothing to be ashamed of, and in fact is very common, with around 1 in 5 Americans affected by the virus.
And yes, it is unfortunately true that when you have genital herpes, you have herpes for the duration. Once you've contracted the disease it stays in the body forever, and there is no complete cure. The good news is, despite what you may have heard, herpes is very treatable and very controllable, provided you get the right treatment or remedy, and make the right lifestyle changes to stop the disease from replicating and causing outbreaks.
The duration of herpes outbreaks can vary from person to person, and depend on diet, the state of the sufferer's immune system, and the treatment being used. Untreated, a herpes outbreak can last up to three weeks, but usually one to two weeks. You can have outbreaks as frequently as once a month, or as infrequently as once or twice a year, again depending on the person.
While herpes is very common and treatable and controllable, all the rumour and innuendo surrounding the condition can make people feel negatively towards themselves. Sufferers can often benefit from some therapy sessions or joining a support group to help them deal with the psychological side of having the disease.
With proper diet, lifestyle and medication, you can get rid of genital herpes symptoms and get on with your life. Start living again right now, and don't let it get you down. Here's what you can do to get rid of genital herpes:
1. Eat Healthy. Herpes outbreaks are triggered by poor diet, so avoid sugar and fatty foods as much as possible. Also avoid too much caffeine or alcohol, as well as chocolate and nuts. Eat plenty of high protein foods.
2. Get Some Sleep: Fatigue is a major trigger for herpes outbreaks. One of the main ways to get rid of outbreaks is to make sure you are getting enough sleep. Sleep hygiene is a huge topic that we don't have the time or space to get into here, but if you have trouble sleeping, getting that looked at can really help with your herpes outbreaks.
3. Exercise. Exercising daily will not only keep you fit, but also has been shown to reduce outbreaks. It's also good for your health as a whole, will help you sleep better and reduces stress, so it is a huge help for herpes sufferers in many areas.
4. Reduce stress. Stress is a HUGE trigger for outbreaks. Avoid stress as much as possible. Try meditation, relaxation therapy, and avoid stressful situations, even if this means making changes at work or home.
5. Treatment. Many sufferers take antivirals which can work to get rid of genital herpes symptoms if taken daily. However due to the cost and nasty side effects, many sufferers are turning to homeopathic remedies, which due to recent advances are just as powerful at getting rid of genital herpes and are cheaper and side-effect free too.
Discover how you can eliminate symptoms of genital herpes fast using unique, all natural treatments. Don't deal with nasty side effects and expensive prescriptions ever again, and get rid of genital herpes quickly and effectively. http://genitalherpes.fitterhealthier.com