Author: Kate O'Neal
The Master Cleanse diet is one of the hottest detox diets on the market.
Ever since Beyonce Knowles credited the MasterCleanse for helping her lose 22 lbs for her role in "Dream Girls", interest in this diet has skyrocketed.
But does it really work? Will it help you lose weight and shed toxins?
Here's an overview of the Master Lemonade Cleanse diet basics, along with tips and information to help you decide if it's right for you.
First of all - What is the Master Cleanse diet?
Also called the lemonade diet, it was originally created in the 1940s by Stanley Burroughs, to treat ulcers and other serious health problems. Rapid weight loss was a major side benefit.
Since then, it has been used by everyone from movie stars to rich socialites to lose weight fast.
The diet consists of drinking a special lemonade recipe for up to 10 days. This cleansing drink is supposed to loosen and flush out trapped toxins that are stored in your body fat.
The recipe is a mixture of 2 tablespoons of organic lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup, 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 10 oz of filtered water.
This is one serving. On the Master Cleanse, you're supposed to drink from 6-12 servings of this lemonade per day.
The drink doesn't taste that bad actually - although some people may have to start with a sprinkle of cayenne and then work up from there.
- Rapid Weight Loss - The first benefit is very fast weight loss. People report losing from 1-2 pounds per day on this diet. You can see why a lot of celebrities and models are reported to use this as it does get results very fast.
- Rapid Detox - The second benefit is that your body rids itself of toxic buildup very fast, leaving your body cleaner and your entire system working more efficiently. People report feeling lighter, cleaner and more energetic after the cleanse.
Does It Work?
Yes. If you're looking to lose weight fast, it does work. Tons of people have tried it and lost weight. Other common claims include increased energy, tighter skin, less wrinkles, less cellulite and a reduction of chronic condition symptoms.
Beyonce used it to drop 22 pounds for her role in 'Dream Girls'.
Robin Quivers from the Howard Stern show used the cleanse to drop 70 pounds.
Actor Jared Leto recently used it to shed the weight he gained for his role as Mark David Chapman.
And there are hundreds, if not thousands of testimonials online from people who have dropped 1-2 pounds per day on the cleanse.
Personally, I've done the Master Cleanse several times and you do lose weight - about a pound a day. Not sure about toxin removal but I felt a lot more energetic after doing the cleanse and my skin was glowing. So I'm guessing it helped in that area too.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Obviously going without food for 10 days is not going to be easy. For the first few days, some people struggle with food cravings and hunger. However for the most part after 3-5 days, these cravings stop.
Side effects of the cleanse can include the same effects you get with most detox diets (also called herxheimer reactions). For example, you could go through periods of fatigue, food cravings, headaches, joint aches or nausea.
Depending on how toxic you are, you could experience more or less of these side effects.
Tips On Doing The Master Lemonade Cleanse:
- Have all the ingredients ready before you start the cleanse
- Clear your schedule as much as possible - especially for the first 3 days
- Rest as much as possible while cleansing
- Drink several glasses of pure, filtered or spring water in addition to the lemonade drink throughout the day
- Consult your doctor before doing the cleanse - it may not be appropriate for everyone.
- Pay attention to your body - if it gets to be too much, try coming off the cleanse as gradually as you can with juices and fruits
The Master Cleanse works - and the results can be fantastic. But it's not easy. And if you don't do it right you can end up feeling sick, miserable and even slowing your metabolism so it's easier to gain weight after the cleanse.
Take some time before starting the Cleanse to research, prepare and know what to expect before you start. See the links below for further tips.
Kate O'Neal writes for http://www.Detox-Diet-Review.com - offering tips on the best detox diets for you. Did you know that most people don't last 1 day on the Master Cleanse? For tips on getting the best results from the Cleanse visit http://www.Detox-Diet-Review.com/MasterCleanse